Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jet Lag ... always worse the second day

I'm writing this as I wait for the water heater to kick in (it needs to be turned on before showering, as does the heater for the dishwasher, and even the stove), while drinking hot lemon water waiting on my French Press to brew up some strong coffee. I went to bed at 9:30, and slept restlessly until 12:30 am. I've pretty much been awake since then, resting in bed. Today is the first official day of Teacher Training, and we meet from 7 am - 5 pm, with a few breaks in between. I'm still struggling with this cold, and may take some Advil Cold & Sinus to help me manage. That stuff leaves me feeling strung out and wired, but at least awake. We'll see.

Dinner last night was great. Many of the students gathered, along with Sabrina, the woman who manages the venue where the training will take place, along with the boyfriend's of Noura and Sabrina. Two men in a group of women often look a little scared, but they handled it well.

We ate at a restaurant that overlooked a marina. Lovely food, nice company, and a great view. I forgot my camera, which I'm hoping is the last time I do that.

This group of students is really wonderful, and from all around the world. Nicole is from South Africa, Ynske is from the Netherlands (but came to Dubai after living in Houston, TX), Kristy lives in Abu Dhabi and comes from Northern California (originally from Central Jersey!), Claire is from France, Zhara is from Pakistan and Luciana is from Brazil. I just love it! Yoga clearly is for EVERY BODY.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you made it there safely, Cori. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your experience.

    Be Well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dearest niece C~ MY 1st chance to read your days' pages since you landed. The traveler in me is extra happy to be able to go 1st to your 'First Day in a New Land' page. (I always liked beginning at the end. With a Z name, the temptation's always been there for me!) Your student colleagues' homelands list is an amazing inclusion. Good job with jet lag. WonderFilled! Thanks for the vicarious enjoyment! Auntie D

    ReplyDelete