Monday, November 21, 2011

Less Lag ...

So this morning I slept until 3:30 am! I tried to go back to sleep, but it was futile. Seized the opportunity to give feedback to hOMework submitted by my lovely TTs in Philadelphia.

Noura, the woman who arranged the training here in Dubai, decided that she is unable to participate in the training. She's super, uber busy with setting up her business here; this woman is a powerhouse! So she hired a driver for me, named Raju. This morning I came downstairs early to wait for him. The sun was just beginning to peek out from under its sheets, and I saw a man standing a bit in the distance. I had met Raju the night before, but didn't expect to know the man off in the distance, so I didn't look too closely. After about 10 minutes my phone rang, with Raju hearing the bell as he called to tell me he was here. I've never had a driver before (and it's not the limo I requested!).

TT is really going well. I can't believe it's only been 2 days. We're like old comrades by now. It's a great group, and they're willing to really dive in, confront resistance and absorb all they can. They were being so specific and precise about language choices for their Lunging Surya Namaskara scripts, that I need to re-evaluate some word choices that I thought were sound. Nothing like sharing my 'tried and true' method with new students only to learn that they interpreted my instructions totally differently. It's good to see the things I take for granted, and see what I can polish.

Hoped to take a pranayama class at 5 pm, but my nose is still too stuffy to breathe. Hopefully by Wednesday's class I'll be able to inhale and exhale through both nostrils! I did sit in the steam room for a good half hour or so, which was sublime.

I haven't really had a day off yet, so haven't been able to get out and explore. Hoping to do some of that later this week. In the meantime, I'm just trying to stay awake until at least 8:30 pm tonight so that I can sleep through the night. Wish me luck. I am so tired of being consumed by tiredness! Need to break the cycle ...



2 comments:

  1. If I could touch you... I would place my hands on your temples and massage your head repeating that you will rest well and wake up refreshed and eager to share your awesome talents. Rest well my sweet daughter and be well. Love Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to be able to catch up with each of your entries. I must savor each sharing and leave a little calling card. Like you, dear Corina, I've been in less than top form. Health issues have disturbed my sleep. Sleep deprivation and jet lag are similar fingers on the glove of restlessness. I thought I had the 1st entry but I realized that I dove in on the 2nd entry. I was willing to and gave up the linearity and have been all over your blog AND your facebook page. I am grateful that you have been called to Dubai. Please BE mindful of your own oneself, LAJAUNIE, my dear sweet Cachou!

    ReplyDelete