Sunday, November 20, 2011

TT Day One

Balance Well Being Spa is where the Teacher Training is being held.
http://www.balance-wellness-centre.com/spa/about.html It's on the top floor of a mall called the Oasis Center. Malls are big deals here, almost like tourist attractions. This venue is just amazing. It smells divine. Our room is named "air," and it's next to Earth and Water. The women's locker room has a steam room and a sauna, with crushed ice falling from the sky gathering in a bowl so you can rub your skin to close the pores after steaming them open. There is a water wall edging along the hallway, and tucked inside each locker is a bathrobe and towel. It's sublime! They have 21 treatment rooms and offer ayurvedic massages, consultations ... even shirodhara! One of the treatments is called "Chakra Balance" involving essential oils, massage, crystals and a facial, plus shirodhara. Haven't booked it yet ... but they're offering a 15% discount ...

Our first day of Teacher Training was a spectacular success! The students seem to be integrating the information and making connections right away. Perhaps the condensed format requires their synapses to fire more quickly. There are 13 students, with just one man. Funny, this is the exact number/configuration of the training that's going on right now at Wake Up Yoga! This is quite an International group, with representatives from the Netherlands, India, Pakistan, France, England, Ireland, USA, Tanzania, South Africa, Brazil, and Jordan. If I'm forgetting anyone I'll include them later. We started today with a very basic vinyasa yoga class, which they all seemed to enjoy. We learned 4 poses, 3 Teaching Methodologies, and identified the contents of the Opening Vinyasa. Whew! Of course, they are feeling overwhelmed, but also quite inspired. It's really a wonderful, receptive group.

Noura took me to see the beach today at sunset, which was quite spectacular. A handstand shifted my energy for at least an hour, and I got to dip my toes in the water. We ate rice, tahini, grilled eggplant, a green bean hummous-like spread and a salad at an Egyptian restaurant, and then she drove me home. I was practically losing consciousness in the car. Waking up for the day at 12:30 am makes for difficult small talk!

Hopefully this is the end of my jet lag and tomorrow I'll be back in fine form. Sweet Dreams!


2 comments:

  1. Greeting dear heart. I so enjoy reading about your experiences in Dubai. I hope you are feeling better and can adjust to the jet lag.
    Saturday Bill and I met Anne and Brent at the Home Depot. Anne left with a refrigerator loaded on her truck. She was so silly and happy and expressed her thanks numerous times. We did let her know that you were contributing half the cost. Anne is so busy removing wall paper and painting, and she isn't sleeping well, she needs to learn to pace herself so she isn't worn out.
    All is well here wishing you the best. Love Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest LeaderS - Mother Carole and Daughter Corina~ you Two are amazing to me. I am so very proud of who you (plural) each are in the World. You (plural) give me Hope. Travel and Education are wondrous. Corina's teaching ENERGY there gives me a sense of calm - very different from her first visit to "that part of the world" which was Turkey. I commend the urge to share!

    ReplyDelete